Welcome to Quality Bass Club's Website
The 2018-19 season is sure to be another fun & exciting year in Quality
Bass Club. If you are looking to join a Bass Club, please click on
the "New Member Info" link on the left to find out more about our
Next Club Meeting & Tournament :
- Club Meeting: Tuesday, November 6th, 7:00PM, Mark's office at 4334 Loop 1604, Shavano Park, TX (upstairs in the conference room).
- Next Tournament: Coleto Creek, October 20th and 21st
- Tournament Times: TBD - 6:30pm on Saturday with weigh-in at Coleto Creek Park. 7:15 - 2:00 on Sunday with weigh-in at Coleto Creek Park.
- Texas BASS Nation State Championship: Dates and location for the Texas BASS Nation State Championship have been announced. The event will be November 16-17, 2018 on Lake Belton. More details on the Texas BASS Nation site.
- 2018 Annual Fund Raiser: The club held a BBQ brisket plate sale, raffle and auction on August 25th, 2018, at the Somerset American Legion. Thanks to all who supported our event we raised $6349.00 of which 20% goes into our charity fund. Again, thanks to all who supported our annual fund raiser.
- 2018 Catch a Special Thrill (CAST) Event: Quality Bass Club and other South Texas BASS Nation clubs will participate in the 2018 CAST event at Son Valley ranch on Saturday, October 20th, taking young people fishing so they can enjoy the wonderful outdoors. Club members can register as a volunteer here.
- 2017 Catch a Special Thrill (CAST) Event: Quality Bass Club and other South Texas BASS Nation clubs participated in a CAST event on Coleto Creek on Saturday, October 21st. The club donated $1000 to the CAST organization for this endeavor. See more.
- 2017 State Tournament Results: Falcon Lake was the site of the 2017 Texas BASS Nation Top 6 tournament. QBC members' final results are posted on the TBN web page.
- **New Club Record**: Falcon Lake produced the old big bass club record, and it produced the new club record. New club member Ken "Butch" Scarborough caught a 12.64 pound hawg on February 12th, 2017, to set the new QBC big bass club record. See photo.
- Community Service Project: Club members spent Saturday morning, November 12th building PVC and polymer fish attractors to sink into Medina Lake to try to improve the fish habitat and recreational fishing. The structures will be placed into Medina on Saturday morning, November 19th. See pictures on our Facebook page.
- Texas B.A.S.S. Nation State Championship: QBC Top Six anglers participated in the 2016 State Championship February 25th - February 28th on Lake Amistad. Club member Ken Piere qualified as the South Region representative to the regional tournament on Lake Guntersville, Alabama. Club members Mike Robbins and Bob Meder will also go to Guntersville by qualifying via the Texas B.A.S.S. Nation South Region championship tournament. See State Results.
- Community Service Project: QBC is joining forces with the Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District (BCRAGD) in an effort to restore Medina Lake to a viable fishing habitat. Save Medina Lake is another strong supporter.
- Meeting Change: Note that the club voted in 2015 to change the meeting from the second Tuesday of the month to the first Tuesday of the month. The location will be Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World at the Rim upstairs in the conference room.
- QBC Top 6 Team 2015 State Tournament Results: Finished 20th. See results on the Texas Bass Federation Nation website.
- Zebra Mussel Rules Now Expanded Statewide. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission has approved a new regulation requiring that all boats operating on public fresh water anywhere in Texas be drained before leaving or approaching a lake or river to help combat the further spread of zebra mussels and other invasive species. See more information here and on the TPWD website.
- Club Record Big Bass: Ruben Arevalos caught a club
record 11.97# on Falcon Lake February 19, 2012. See Picture.
- Club Record One Day and Two Day Heavy Stringers: Trevor
Rogge captured the club record one day and two day heavy stringers. See archive page.
- Quality Bass Club granted tax exemption: The Internal
Revenue Service determined QBC meets tax exempt status under code 501(c)(7)
as a Sports and Recreation organization. See letter.
- Remember, boat insurance is everyone's responsibility. Please keep your
- Effective January 2008, Mexico boat permits are no longer
required. See story
- 1988-2013 Quality Bass Club celebrated twenty-five years.
- 2017 Annual Raffle and Auction: The raffle and auction the club held on August 19th, 2017, was the most successful and most revenue-generating event ever held by the club. After all was said and done the club raised $4921 which means almost $1000 will go into the charity fund. Thanks to all members and all supporters.
- 2016 Fund Raiser: Quality Bass Club held its raffle for a 55" TV (won by Adam Johanson), IceHole cooler (won by Michael Shanks) and Apple iPad (won by Mark Meder) on August 20th. Club members can download a thank you letter to give to supporters.
- Annual Fish Fry, Raffle and Auction: August
22th, 2015. Thanks to all participants and sponsors/supporters for another great event. We raised almost $1800. Club members, please download a Thank You letter to send to your
- Fisher House Volunteers' Picnic: May
2nd, 2015. We prepared and served a picnic lunch for Fisher House Volunteers and Residents and organized events for the youngsters. See pictures.
- Fisher House Volunteer Appreciation Event: On Saturday, November 23rd, 2013, Quality Bass Club put on a barbeque lunch of burgers and dogs and all the fixins for the occupants of the Fisher House facilities on Joint Base San Antonio, Lackland and for the wonderful voluteers who make it possible for these facilities to operate smoothly. See pictures and thank you letter.
- Annual Fish Fry, Raffle and Auction: August
23rd, 2014. Thanks to all participants, sponsors and supporters
for another great event. We raised over $3000. Club members, please download a Thank You letter to send to your
- Fishing for Freedom IX: October 13th,
2012. Another successful event, thanks to all sponsors and supporters. See
results and pictures.
- Fishing for Freedom VIII: October 15th, 2011. Another wonderful
successful event, thanks to all sponsors and supporters. See results and pictures.
- Fishing for Freedom VII: Again, thanks to our
wonderful sponsors and supporters for making the wounded soldiers' day of
fishing and comraderie
a day they'll remember. See Results and
- Fishing for Freedom VI: October 17th,
2009. Another successful event thanks to the
Army Bass Anglers, volunteer boaters, Brian cooking at the Calliham Store
and all the Quality Bass Club members who pitched in, including everyone
else who helped. See
results and pictures. Read the Defense
Media Agency article.