Welcome to Quality Bass Club's Website
The 2019 season is sure to be another fun & exciting year in Quality
Bass Club. If you are looking to join a Bass Club, please click on
the "New Member Info" navigation button on the left to find out more about our
Next Club Meeting & Tournament :
- Club Meeting: Tuesday, August 6th, 7:00PM, at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, I10 at the Rim (upstairs in the conference room).
- Next Tournament: Choke Canyon, August 10th and 11th
- Tournament Times: TBA
- 2019 Raffle: Items for this year's fund raiser include a hunting trip, four guns, a Yeti cooler and a custom fishing rod. There are only 700 tickets to be sold at $15 each so there's a 1 in 700 chance of winning. The club will also have a BBQ and silent auction at the Sommerset VFW on October 26th when the raffle winners will be drawn. Club members can download a flyer to post at their work or to send out to friends and acquaintances. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge and then right click to "Save image as..."
- 2019 Catch a Special Thrill (CAST) Event: Quality Bass Club held a CAST event at Morgan's Wonderland Wharf on Sunday, April 28, 2019, allowing young people to enjoy fishing and the wonderful outdoors. See pictures on our web site, pictures from C.A.S.T. for Kids and KENS5 video.
- 2018 Annual Fund Raiser: The club held a BBQ brisket plate sale, raffle and auction on August 25th, 2018, at the Somerset American Legion. Thanks to all who supported our event we raised $6349.00 of which 20% goes into our charity fund. Again, thanks to all who supported our annual fund raiser.
- **New Club Record**: Falcon Lake produced the old big bass club record, and it produced the new club record. New club member Ken "Butch" Scarborough caught a 12.64 pound hawg on February 12th, 2017, to set the new QBC big bass club record. See photo.
- Club Record Big Bass: Ruben Arevalos caught a club
record 11.97# on Falcon Lake February 19, 2012. See photo.
- Club Record One Day and Two Day Heavy Stringers: Trevor
Rogge captured the club record one day and two day heavy stringers. See archive page.
- Quality Bass Club granted tax exemption: The Internal
Revenue Service determined QBC meets tax exempt status under code 501(c)(7)
as a Sports and Recreation organization. See letter.
- Remember, boat insurance is everyone's responsibility. Please keep your
- Effective January 2008, Mexico boat permits are no longer
required. See story
- 1988-2018 Quality Bass Club celebrated thirty years.
- 2018 Catch a Special Thrill (CAST) Event: Quality Bass Club and other South Texas BASS Nation clubs participated in the 2018 CAST event at Son Valley ranch on Saturday, October 20th, taking young people fishing so they can enjoy the wonderful outdoors. See pictures.
- Fisher House Volunteers' Picnic: May
2nd, 2015. We prepared and served a picnic lunch for Fisher House Volunteers and Residents and organized events for the youngsters. See pictures.
- Fisher House Volunteer Appreciation Event: On Saturday, November 23rd, 2013, Quality Bass Club put on a barbeque lunch of burgers and dogs and all the fixins for the occupants of the Fisher House facilities on Joint Base San Antonio, Lackland and for the wonderful voluteers who make it possible for these facilities to operate smoothly. See pictures and thank you letter.
- Annual Fish Fry, Raffle and Auction: August
23rd, 2014. Thanks to all participants, sponsors and supporters
for another great event. We raised over $3000. Club members, please download a Thank You letter to send to your
- Fishing for Freedom IX: October 13th,
2012. Another successful event, thanks to all sponsors and supporters. See
results and pictures.
- Fishing for Freedom VIII: October 15th, 2011. Another wonderful
successful event, thanks to all sponsors and supporters. See results and pictures.
- Fishing for Freedom VII: Again, thanks to our
wonderful sponsors and supporters for making the wounded soldiers' day of
fishing and comraderie
a day they'll remember. See Results and
- Fishing for Freedom VI: October 17th,
2009. Another successful event thanks to the
Army Bass Anglers, volunteer boaters, Brian cooking at the Calliham Store
and all the Quality Bass Club members who pitched in, including everyone
else who helped. See
results and pictures. Read the Defense
Media Agency article.